DUNDALK RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB
1. The name of the Club is the “THE DUNDALK RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB”.
2. The Objects of the Club are:-
(a) To play, promote, foster and develop the game of Rugby Union Football.
(b) To provide opportunities for recreation, for members of the Club.
(c) To provide and maintain a club-house and premises at Mill Road, Dundalk in the Townland of Newtownbalregan and County of Louth, for the accommodation of members of the Club and their friends and guests.
(d) To afford to members of the club and their friends all the usual privileges, advantages, and accommodation of a Club.
(e) To borrow, raise, or give security for, money in any way howsoever (including by mortgage or charge upon all or any part of the property of the Club) for the objects of the club, or any of them.
(f) To do all such other lawful things as are incidental or conductive to the attainment of the foregoing objects or any of them.
ADMISSION OF MEMBERS
3. The names and addresses of persons proposed as ordinary members of the club shall be displayed on a conspicuous place in the Club premises for at least a week before their election and an interval of not less than two weeks shall elapse between nominations and elections of ordinary members.
ELECTION OF MEMBERS
4. All members shall be elected by the whole body of members or by the Committee.
5. The annual subscription shall be1.00 plus a levy which shall be decided by the Committee each year for players and non-players. The subscription shall be paid by members in advance on the 1st day of November each year. Members whose subscriptions and levies have not been paid by that date will not be allowed to take part in the draw for International Tickets or to share in any of the privileges of membership, most particularly they will not be entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting of the Club, at the Special General Meetings of the Club, or to hold any office of the Club.
6. (6.1) Players and officials of a team playing at Dundalk RFC against a Dundalk team, or of teams using the Club ground with the permission of the Executive Committee, and all Referees and Touch Judges at such matches are (if not otherwise members of the Club) hereby constituted temporary honorary members of the Club on the day on which a match is played.
(6.2) Any person requested by Captain of the Club, or an Executive members, or anyone acting on their direction,who trains or plays will, on the payment of a temporary Membership Subscription, become an occasional playing member for such term as would be decided to the satisfaction of the Executive Committee at the next meeting after such training/playing.
7. The names and addresses of persons proposed as Schoolboy Members i.e. those who have not attained their 18th birthday on the proposal of the Youth Co-Ordinator and/or any Executive member may be proposed and seconded as members at a meeting of the Executive Committee, a majority of 1 and 4 to exclude.
HONORARY LIFE MEMBERS
8. An ordinary member who in the opinion of the Committee has rendered exceptional service to the Club, may after the Secretary of the Club has consulted with the previously elected, living, life members be proposed by the Secretary of the Club at an annual General Meeting of the Club for election as an Honorary Life Member. The proposal of the Secretary may be seconded by any member of the club and if a majority of the members present vote in favour of the proposal the ordinary member proposed will be deemed to be elected an Honorary Life Member of the Club. The Secretary of the Club shall cause a register of the names and addresses of all Honorary Life Members to be maintained at the Club premises.
REGISTRATION OF MEMBERS
9. A member desiring to withdraw from the club shall give notice in writing to the Secretary on or before the day of subscription for the ensuing year shall be payable.
EXPLUSION OF MEMBERS
10. The Club, or whose conduct shall in the opinion of the Committee render him unfit for membership of the club. Before any member is expelled, the Secretary shall give him seven days written notice to attend a Meeting of the Committee and answering complaints made against him, nor unless at least two-thirds of the members of the Committee then present vote in favour of his expulsion.
11. The business and affairs of the Club shall be under the management of a committee elected for not less than a year by a General Body of members and subject to annual re-election, and no member of the Committee, or Manager or Servant employed in the Club, shall have any personal interest in the sale of excisable liquor therein or on the profits arising from sale.
The Committee shall consist of the following Honourary Offices, namely, The President, The Captain of the First Fifteen, The Captain of the Second Fifteen, The Captain of the Third Fifteen, the Captain of the Fourth Fifteen (third A’s), The Club Secretary, The Club Treasurer, The Fixtures Secretary and Seven other members. If for any reason the number of the Committee, at any time, shall fall to less than fifteen any member of the Club may be co-opted on to the Committee except that in any one year not more than two such members may be co-opted to serve on the Committee.
12. The Committee shall meet at least once a month (except in the month of May, June, July and August) and at such other times as the committee shall determine, and at all other meetings of the Committee Four shall form a quorum.
13. (a) All the property of the club shall be vested in three trustees appointed by the Committee of the Club provided always that no liability shall attach to any of the Trustees except to the extent of such property as shall attach to any of the Trustees except to the extent of such property as shall actually have been received by him.
(b) The Trustees with the sanction of a resolution of the Committee duly passed act on behalf of and binds the Club and any Deed, document, matter, act or thing signed, executed or done by the Trustees on behalf of the Club shall be binding on the Club and authorised or confirmed by a resolution of the Committee duly passed, provided always that the Trustees may only do all or any of the following acts or things that is to say invest the funds of the Club and vary or transpose investments, or acquire by purchase or otherwise lands for the Club, or sell exchange, partition, lease, let, mortgage, charge, or otherwise dispose of or deal in any property of the club.
(c) A Certificate signed by the chairman of a meeting at which any resolution referred to in this Rule has been passed shall be conclusive evidence of the passing of such resolution in manner provided by this Rule and of the terms of such resolution.
(d) A Trustee shall remain in office until death or resignation or until the Committee shall by resolution duly passed remove him from office.
(e) In case of a vacancy in the office of trustees the Committee shall by resolution appoint a new trustee to fill such vacancy. The surviving or continuing trustee or trustees shall have power to act notwithstanding any casual vacancy in the number of Trustees.
14. An annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held in the month of May in each year, upon a date, and at a time to be fixed by the Committee, at which the following business shall be conducted.
(a) Presentation of the reports of the Honourary Secretary, and Honourary Treasurer.
(b) Election of the President, Captain of the first fifteen, Captain of the second fifteen, Captain of the third fifteen, Captain of the fourth fifteen (third A’s), Club Secretary, Club Treasurer, Fixtures Secretary and several other members of the Committee.
Such other business of which notice in writing shall have been given to the Secretary not less than 2 weeks in advance of the meeting.
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS
15. The Committee may at any time for any special purpose convene a Special General Meeting, and shall do so within fourteen days upon requisition signed by not fewer than ten members, and stating the purpose for which such meeting is required.
The Secretary shall at least seven days before any general meeting send to every member a notice of the meeting, stating the time when, and place where, it will be held and the business to be conducted.
The quorum at any general meeting shall be ten, and each member (except School Boy members) shall have one vote, the chairman shall have a second or casting vote.
16. (a) No person other than a member (as defined in Rule 3 hereof) shall order or pay for refreshments in the clubhouse. Cash must be paid for every expense incurred in the clubhouse before the person ordering leaves the premises.
(b) No visitor shall be supplied with excisable liquor on the club premises unless on the invitation of and in the company of a member, and that member, shall upon the admission of the visitor to the club premises or immediately upon his being supplied with such liquor, enter his or her own name and the name and address of the visitor in a book which shall be kept for the purpose and which shall show the date of such visit.
(c) The committee of management may prohibit the admission of any visitor to the club premises and no member shall bring any person whose admission is prohibited into the club premises.
(d) No excisable liquor shall be sold or supplied for the consumption outside the premises of the club, except to members of the club, between the hours of eight o’clock in the morning and ten o’clock at night.
(e) No excisable liquors shall be sold or supplied in the club premises to any person under the age of eighteen years.
(f) No member of the committee of Management or officer, and no manager or servant employed by the club, shall have any personal interest in the sale to the club of supplies of excisable liquors, or in the profits arising from such sale.
(g) Subject to the exceptions contained in clause (h), no excisable liquor shall be supplied for consumption on the club premises to any other person (other than a member of the club lodging in the club premises) or be consumed on the club premises by any person (other than a member of the club lodging on the club premises
(g.i) (a) on weekdays, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday before 10.30 a.m. in the morning and after 11.30 p.m. in the evening.
(b) on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday before 10.30 a.m. in the morning and 13.20 a.m. in the evening.
(g.ii) on any Sunday before 12.30 p.m. in the afternoon and after 11.30 p.m. in the evening.
(g.iii) on Patrick’s Day, where that day falls on a weekday, before 12.30 p.m. in the afternoon or after 12.30 a.m. in the evening.
(g.iv) At any time on Christmas Day or Good Friday
(g.v) Christmas Eve and the eve of Good Friday between 10.30 a.m. in the morning and 11.30 p.m. in the evening.
(h) Nothing contained in the Registration of Clubs Act, 1904-1999, or contained by virtue only of the operation of clause (g) hereof, shall operate to prohibit the supplying for consumption of excisable liquor to any person or the consumption of excisable liquor on the club premises by any person
(h.i) (a) On Christmas Day, between 12 midday and 10 p.m. in the evening
(b) On any other day, for one hour after the expiration of any period in respect of that during which it is lawful for the club to supply any excisable liquor for consumption on the club premises if in each case the excisable liquor is;-
1. Ordered by the person at the same time as a substantial meal is ordered by him or her
2. Consumed at the same time as and with the meal supplied and consumed in the portion of the club premises usually set apart for the supply of meals and
3. Paid for at the same time as the meal is paid for
(i) In the clause 15(g) and 15(h) hereof “weekdays” and “Sunday” have the meanings assigned to them by Section 1 of the Intoxicating Liquor Act, 2000.
In addition to the foregoing rules, the causes and regulations embodied in the registration of Clubs Acts, 1904 to 1999 and the Intoxicating Liquor Acts amending and extending the same, shall be deemed to be rules of the club.
17. Members shall play in the uniform of the Club, which shall be black and white hooped jersey and white knickers. It shall be the duty of every member to obey the Captain on the field. No member shall have free admittance to the ground at any club match, except upon production of his membership card.
18. The Committee of the Club shall have power to adopt bye-laws regulating the use of the Club premises and grounds including access thereto provided that such bye-laws are not inconsistent with these rules, such bye-laws shall be posted in some conspicuous part of the premises and shall be binding on all members.
MODIFICATION OF RULES
19. No alteration or addition shall be made in these Rules, except at the Annual General Meeting, or at a Special General Meeting called for that purpose, and at least one weeks’ notice must be given of the proposed alteration or addition.
20. Pursuant to the provision of the Data Protection Act 1988-2003 members consent to the club obtaining, recording, holding and retaining their personal data (including sensitive personal data) solely for club purposes, either on its computer or its manual filing system, and consent to the use of all such data, including disclosure to third parties, for the proper and effective management of the club.